So I thought to have a funeral that I could go to, using the above elements, then after I actually die all you would have to do was get me buried. Easy peasy. People could vote on headstone wording: Au Reservoir, She Meant Well, Dead But Still Confused; seems like there was another one but I forget.
On an England trip I saw a tombstone in a churchyard which read, "I was part of you. You were all of me." I wish I could be buried in the backyard. I am just PRIVATE about dying.
I would have to have my "funeral" before I became terminally ill, or knew I was terminally ill. Then I could have fun.
I had a friend in the ward in Colorado who was an extremely frugal person. She thought people should be buried as they lived and read about a $200 coffin made of, in effect, thick cardboard. That would be MUCH preferable to one of those hermetically-sealed jobbies where the body turns to slime. We need to let the worms do their work.
Do you think this is all a bit macabre?
1 comment:
I never think about my own funeral. I don't particularly want to think about yours. But if it will be one which you are attending, then I suppose it's as good a reason as any other for milk and cookies.
And I love that you have a blog.
Post a Comment