Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just for the record

I want to go on the record with this:  my children are among the most wonderful people on earth.  Any earth (you have to be LDS to get that).  And for the record, I deeply love and appreciate every one of them.  My bedtime prayers always begin like this from last Wednesday:  "Heavenly Father, thank you for this wonderful day.  I got to see Jess, Nita, Jonah, Caroline, and Cecily.  I talked to Matt on the phone.  I saw David and Mater, and I love them so much.  I got an email from Katie and Roane, Davy, Maren, and Shelley.  It was such a great day that I was in touch with all these people.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Thank you for my family and for friends and canines that I feel like are family."

That is how my prayers begin every night.  Did you know?

1 comment:

Donna Miller said...

Hi Susan. Lovely prayer! I was just looking at some of the comments that have been left on my blog and realized I responded to yours on my own blog! Duh! I'm just a beginner at this blogging stuff! Anyway, here's what I said to you back in August:

Hi Susan! So nice to hear from you and hear about your experience. Congratulations on 6 1/2 years of winning at the breast cancer war. I have a dear cousin who died after her 21-year long ordeal with breast cancer. Now she "battled valiently" and her legacy will be difficult for me to live up to, but I'm going to try. I've been told I can beat this. I'm going to believe them until something convinces me otherwise! It certainly isn't much fun, I have to say. I just arrived home from our two-hour drive from Boston and my fourth treatment, my third A/C combo. The next two days won't be altogether so bad, it's the five after that when I'm down for the count.

I pray for you as well that you will get to that 14th year so your doctor can declare you are Cured!